Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Faithful or Faith-filled?

Isaiah 30:15
"...In quietness and trust will be your strength."


As I was praying for faithfulness this morning, I remembered a distinction our former pastor used to make. He said faithfulness was really faith-filled-ness. It takes the emphasis off of us and places it back on the Lord; it makes believing as important (or more so) as doing. So even though I need to be doing a million things today, doing it in faith changes my focus and motivation.

So...
Lord, please help me to train them well today, changes to:

Father in heaven, I know you have given me all that I need for life and godliness, so I trust your provision as I train these children (even though one of them is extremely mischievous and constantly getting into trouble when my back is turned, creating constant mess). Help me consider them more important than myself.



Lord, I'm so tired and I need to get to bed on time so I won't be grouchy changes to:
Father in heaven, you are my Rock and my Strength; give me joy as I work despite weariness. Your grace is sufficient in weakness; this is an opportunity for You to be magnified.


Lord, I am so behind with the house- all the laundry is washed and dried in a big pile (except what I left on the line overnight). I haven't washed the crockpot from the church lunch on Sunday- please help me get all this done! changes to:

Father in heaven, You have given me this home and you will help me keep it a place of blessing. Glorify yourself through our family life and daily activities; the joy of the Lord will be my strength.

So, if you feel like you were shot out of a canon Monday morning, still racing to get things done before it all drowns you (and the kids) know there are at least two of us. Trust Him to work through your works and then do the next thing.

I'm off to wash the crockpot...

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Good stuff, bright!

Sarah R. said...

thanks for the reminder! its been a rough morning here. but god is always sufficient.

Mama Hutch said...

I can't even tell you how needed this reminder is as we begin to adjust to our THREE little blessings. I am totally sharing this with Chet ;)