Friday, May 15, 2009

Changing Demographics

When I first saw this I thought it was a little distorted, but the further into it I got, and the more quotes I saw/read, the more I was convinced of the enormity of the issue at hand.

Muslim Demographics


And if you are pregnant or raising up Christian children, or encouraging anyone in this category, know you are a vital part of God's work! (Edited to add: I still have total confidence in the sovereignty of God and His ability to completely overcome any "trend" or prediction. If 1/100 of these statistics are true, it is still motivating to preach the Word, pray for God to work in the world, and figure out how we can be a part of that Kingdom work. That's all.) :)

P.S. My Dad sent this YouTube video to me...and totally unrelated to that: today is his birthday.

Happy Birthday, Dad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for not telling how old I have become.

Pop

Abbey Road said...

Here is what snopes had to say about the video.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/demographics.asp

I tried to tell Robb that was why we needed to have more kids, but he wasn't convinced. He says we've already done our part. LOL

brite said...

Thanks, Abbey. I almost looked it up before I posted...I thought what they had to say was good. I know a lot Christians who are actively pursuing a greater knowledge of the Muslim faith in order to better minister to this group of people. I think that's a good alternative (and you and Robb have done a great job doing your part!!! You make me proud!) :)

Lauren said...

thanks for the creepy video to start of my morning. ;) seriously, it's ironic that you posted this, though, since it's been on my mind a lot lately. jason and christa butler told us before we moved, "if you can't beat 'em, out-breed 'em." nat and i thought that was a great idea. :)

Mrs. Pittman said...

Your dad's wife looks fat (and I can say that because we are very "close".)

note to self: Send daughter a skinnier looking picture of her mom.