Monday, February 9, 2009

Three days and counting

We've now spent three full days in the basement of my sister-in-law's house, quarantined to keep her kids from getting the nasty flu. We've eaten our meals here, played down here, and rearranged to the hilt to make room for the five of us in this little space. For a basement, it is a luxurious 500 sq. feet or so, complete with a gas log fireplace...so I'm not complaining.

But being cooped up in here with the three kids is starting to wear on me so we decided to go out for a drive and see our fair city, and look for "For Rent" signs. Did you know that there are more students in this city than permanent residents? That makes for a LOT of duplexes and townhouses. After an hour of looking this morning, and an hour and a half this afternoon I'm fairly certain there is no real house out there for us. It was kind of discouraging, and so I find myself praying more for contentment than a house these days. We can't live in the basement forever (and WH's sister needs her garage, aka Our Storage Shed, back soon) so we have to go somewhere. I'm going to look at one, maybe two places tomorrow. One is a duplex I don't really like, and the other is a house that is out of our price range (but you never know...maybe they are desperate). I find myself more picky now that I have these little people to raise (yes, mom, the pictures are just for you).

7 comments:

jax said...

Can I look at the pictures, too! Love the hats. :)
We'll keep praying you find a place -- don't despair, sometimes the best things come along at the eleventh hour!

lea said...

i will be praying. i think i shared the story of how we bought this house and how God worked a miracle to move us into this house! i will pray that He will make a way for you all as well!

Mrs. Pittman said...

You're a brave gal to go house-hunting with those three cute kids by yourself. I'm sure getting out was good for you all.

We're praying, too.

And Jax, are you feeling any pressure to start a blog of your own? You have a pretty cute kid, too. And I'd love to hear updates from both my girls!

Sarah C said...

I am sure there is just the right place for you, hope for your sake you find it soon ;o) I will be praying for you to have creativity as a homemaker in whatever house you end up with. We have lived in four very different houses since we married and each on presents each own set of challenges and blessings.
Is WH at his training now?

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

Okay, I'll pray for them to be desperate. :)

hunter said...

glad to see you have a blog so we can keep up with you a little better. i never really got a good handle on myfamily.com so this is a nice way to get the info.

brite said...

Hunter, I need a blog for you now. :)