Just a quick question for anyone who has girls and might be in the know...I am just starting to make some hairbows for Sweet A, and I was wondering what makes a good hairbow? Ribbon size? Pattern? Clip used? Any pointers or helps would be appreciated, or if you have any websites you like to use please pass them on. I'm just going to be copying things, but I know there are tacky as well as quality bows out there and I'm trying to avoid the former.
Gratefully,
Brite, who is looking for productive ways to use her time as a homeless person
4 comments:
Brite, I was glad to click on your name in a comment that you left on your mom's blog, and then stumble upon this new blog of yours! Welcome to blogging!
And welcome to my fair state! Seems like we're now neighbors, although not very close ones since we actually live a few hours north of you. I applaud you for the grace and humor you've shown through this unplanned transition, and I pray that things begin to settle down soon for you.
I plan to keep following along with you in your adventures, so I'll add you to my blogroll. Let me know if you object (although I don't know a single blogger who would object...if they did, they'd make their blog private...but if for some reason, you do object, feel free to tell me and I'll respect that). :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hi, Brite!!
Bows, well you are a productive homeless person aren't you? :) Wish I could help, but alas I was never able to convince my girls of how adorable bows were--we lost more than I can count! I have no fear you will succeed and post pics (I hope)!
I am enjoying your blog and feel free to log into mine over the next few weeks if you have any specific prayer requests I am taking them :)
God Bless and stay warm!
If you ever want to buy instead of make, Moriah turned me on to a Mom who has a home business and sells online, I think she has great quality at very reasonable prices. You could ask her the exact address, something like Bella Rose Boutique?
However, it sounds like the point is that you want to make them as a keep busy project....so my two thoughts are:
1.) I feel like the grosgrain (sp?) ribbon bows hold their shape and last longer then the satin ribbon ones
2. I always have put the girl's hair up with a small ponytail band first and then clipped in the bow. It may be a matter of hair type, but if I try to just put the bows in with no band they always slip and don't look nearly as good. (As well as actually falling out and getting lost.) Also, the small rubber ponytail holders work MUCH better then the sort of elastic fabric covered ones.
The thing that makes a good bow is an adorable girl wearing it.
So, you've got it made :)
Love to A -
GrandMama :)
Post a Comment