
God has a way of putting everything in perspective. It is very easy for me to obsess about all things house-related and forget about the really important events of life, whether trivial or monumental. The list of small things includes:
- Little T's almost constant smiles- he's such a happy baby
- teachable moments that come when I am reading to or playing with the other two
- the beautiful view of the mountains I can see from my bed- what a way to greet the day!
- the snow that fell throughout the day on Monday
- the joys of being near sisters-in-law and cousins
- watching my amaryllis grow each day
- my friend, Lauren, who is having a baby soon AND will be moving to another state immediately after
- A friend from our last church who just found out her cancer has returned and is looking to prepare her family for a future without her
- trying to get to know a whole new church body and learn how to serve them
- learning to hold all things loosely and be content with whatever God has given today
And speaking of getting to know our new church family better, here's a great post on 20 Qualities of a Good Listener. Making new friends is never easy but this should help. I guess it would help you keep the friends you have as well.
My sister-in-law has agreed to let me plan a few meals and make dinner a couple of times during the upcoming weeks. Even though I have loved being pampered and served (and she is a great cook who makes it look SO easy to feed the 12 of us) I am eager to get back to cooking, which is an outlet for me. My family used to say I cooked when I was mad...or sad...or excited...you get the point. Bon Appetit!
8 comments:
Well, since you left me a comment today, I guess I can return the favor.
(JUST KIDDING!!!)
You'll end up somewhere, take comfort in that. And it's funny that you cook as an outlet... that would probably be on the bottom of my list. Right there above toilet-cleaning. LOL.
Good thinking and taking every thought captive...when it comes to the things I really, really want, I usually journal a prayer to the Lord and have this image of sending it off and letting it go. I write alot of those but it's always important for me to acknowledge the desire and then trust the Lord to give what's best. I still shake my fist and want to pitch a big fit sometimes but He's more faithful than me and softens my heart in the end.
All that said, I'll pray for the blackberries!
Hi Brite! I started reading your blog and have really it. Your entries are very witty and encouraging! This entry today was a particularly timely reminder for me...thank you! We will be praying for you all in your search for a new home!...The Petit's
I'd love to hear about Katy's meal plans. As you may remember, cooking for a group (which our family would qualify as) has never been easy for me. Just thinking about cooking makes me miss you :)
You have much to be grateful for.
I'm glad God is giving you His perspective on your situation.
MOM
Tiffany, thanks for the prayers and encouragement. Always good to have open hands about everything.
Allison, I wish we'd had a little more time to get to know each other as families! You'd love our new church...they are doing a 200 year plan men's retreat.
Mom, I'll email you Catriona's meal plans. I'm making two soups: Ina's Mexican Chicken soup http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/mexican-chicken-soup-recipe/index.html
another soup that is in your Christmas cookbook. My other meal is just hamburgers on a Saturday night. Not too creative, but it is definitely soup weather here.
You are my hero...even when you're having to remind yourself of perspective. I love you!
Brite,
I hope you don't mind but Amanda gave me your blog address and I am loving getting to see pics of the family and hear how the Lord is working in your life. Welcome to VA! You're are in a gorgeous part of the state. Kevin and I prayed for you all when we heard that Warren had lost his job and were glad to hear the Lord provided him with employment. I know it was hard for you all to leave your church and family in Chattanooga. We will continue to pray for you all as you look for housing and hope to maybe see you soon.
Love, Angie Corwin
Hi Brite,
I am glad to find your blog. We are praying for your family.
Post a Comment