Thanks to Moriah and a few others who have pressured me to start this public record of our everday happenings, we now have a blog. The layout will change, but I have lots to learn and not a ton of free time for blog-learning, so you may have to look at this boring layout for a while.
I have been on a quest for normalcy for several years now, and my husband finally sat me down a few weeks ago and set me straight. (That man is so wise.) He told me that I spend my life trying to figure out how to get things back to normal instead of embracing whatever the Lord sends. I'm a firstborn. I like my days to be structured and productive. Order is good, right? Instead of seeking joy and being thankful in everything I've been frustrated by lack of control. You would think that having three babies in three years would cure me of that, but it really hasn't been until our latest adventures that I've made baby steps in redefining normal.
So, before the birth of baby #3 in November I decided the only thing that would keep me from going crazy was to have a VERY CALM LIFE after he arrived. Well, here's the new norm: A week after the birth we found ourselves in the hospital for several days. (Baby T is fine now.) Three weeks after that my husband got laid off from his job. We spent three weeks with his family over Christmas (not in my house, my beloved bed, etc. but it was very restful and his mother took good care of us), he interviewed for a new job less than two weeks ago and after nine days of frenzied packing we have moved all our earthly possessions and our little family. We are living in his sister's basement until we find a place. My husband and 3 year-old are very sick with the flu (between the two of them they threw up four or five times in the moving van on the way here) and I directed the unloading of the moving van into my sister-in-law's garage while my poor husband found himself unable to get out of bed. If order and control were necessary for my sanity I would be in big trouble by now. Oh, and baby T has a severe sensitivity to all things dairy so icecream can not be my comfort in these troubled times, although there is always Soy Dream. And yet life is good, and I am happy. Weird, huh?
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
YAY! Welcome to the Blogosphere, Brite. We look forward to hearing about the new "Normal." I, too, am having to learn to be content in the chaos. Years from now it would be better for my children to remember having a cheerful Mommy who loved them to pieces and taught them about Jesus than to remember that we sure did have a perfectly clean house :)
So glad you started this blog! I was just thinking about you an hour ago but didn't want to bother you with a call....
Praying for your poor sick family! Gemma threw up this evening so I hope we aren't getting something similar. (Could it be all the pizza and hot chocolate I let her have for dinner...bad mother)
Miss you already!
I'll have to read this tomorrow because I AM WIPED but I just wanted to comment (sad I can't be your first one, but I digress) and say FINALLY and glad you're safe and, well, just everything.
You are beautiful in every way, Brite Trice. It's because of Christ, too, which is even more delightful. I'm so excited you're going to be blogging now. I don't have time to even read blogs, but I tell you what, the one blog I will make a priority to read, is yours. :) Love you!
Not sure if I'll be able to continue reading your blog. As your mother, Not only do I want to control my own life, but I want to try and be sure your life is pain-free and easy. (I know that is not biblical, btw.)
God is Good. And He is helping you to be at peace in the midst of puke. So I'm OK. (for now)
Love. The. Blog.
Where did you get your creativity, wit, and writing ability? :)
BTW-
None of your sibs (or your mom) can figure out what's hiding behind those snow flakes in your header. Is that the point? You wouldn't believe the different guesses we've had over here (it's not a dead body is it?....)
MOM, MF, WInston, Justin, Alex, Andrew, Molly, and Daniel
Press on! Joy comes in the morning (and these viruses don't last long, thankfully)! We already miss your precious family but are so glad to see what God does with you.
Christina- thanks for the encouragement and the great meal on Thursday!
Sarah- funny...I almost called you but I wasn't sure how much time I had. I hope Gem feels better and it's a shorter version of what we have!
Lauren- I feel honored to be up there with Julie! :)
my fam- it's just snow
Tiffany- we need to reschedule dinner! Aren't you glad we didn't throw caution to the wind and come anyway?
Oh how we miss you! I'm so glad you got on the blogwagon so that we can still peek into your life from afar. I pray that all of you are doing better today and that you can find a teeny bit of order in the swirl of life today.
Keep truckin' (also no pun intended)!
Post a Comment