The time is flying by here, and I am soaking in every minute of my quiet days in my room with the baby. I decided to stick close to my bedroom for a week after the birth and it is providing a great environment for recovery, rest, and time to get Eleanor established with nursing. I'm sure it could all be done with a flurry of children and trains and guns and swordfights, but I'm pretty content to let that all happen outside of my world for a few days!
I want to get our birth story written down, if only to get the details out of my head so I will stop replaying it all! But so far there has been little time when I've had two hands and I wasn't eating, nursing, or trying to sleep. (I am talking about myself, not the baby...) I wake up, nurse, shower, eat, nurse, eat, rest, nurse, snack, nurse, have dinner, nurse, then it's time for bed so I can catch an hour of sleep before she wakes up. There's been a little computer time in between, but usually it's one-handed. I did read one book last week: Mother, by Kathleen Norris. I'm not usually drawn to fictional books, but it was a nice diversion (started in labor and finished a few days ago) and a perfect read to remind me of the value of motherhood. A few weeks ago a friend gave me Choosing to See, by Mary Beth Chapman, and I started it Saturday. Several chapters in, I'm still trying to decide if this is a good season of my life to read that book- I might have too many hormones to handle it this month. We'll see.
Here are a few highlights from our week:
Monday, February 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, so sorry! I just realized I used names in my first comment! How thoughtless!
Hope you'll forgive me and I am really happy for you.
Hi Sarah!
I wasn't sure what email address to use for you - sorry I had to delete that, and it was because I try to keep our last name off the blog. First names are fine, and I do think she looks a lot like Warren. She actually looks almost exactly like Thomas' baby pictures, so we'll have to wait and see if she keeps that lovely dark hair!
LOVE the final photo! Very impressed that you are able to snap such creative shots in the midst of nursing and recovering.
Seriously! I just read the descriptions of Choosing to See. Definitely not a book to read right now! Those types of stories are hard enough to read when things are a bit more stable let alone right after you've had a baby!
Post a Comment