I thought I would celebrate Valentine's Day by letting everyone know that I am still alive. Yes, even more than alive, just a little bit bigger than a house, very pregnant, and sleepier than I used to be. In honor of the day, and the fact that food is one of my loves right now, I thought I would share some successful recipes. I've made others that weren't so great, but I will save those for some other more morbid holiday.
Hope your day was loverly. My kids were really into the day for the first time; it all started when I taught them how to make paper hearts. Next thing you know the house is covered in hearts that say things like, "I love mi Momy." I'd correct her spelling, but she is only four. We had a lovely candlelit dinner with the kids, and a tasty pork tenderloin (it's nice to have a farmer husband). Then my husband cleaned up everything while I took a bath, and he was off to a deacon's meeting. He left me with jammied kids who seemed willing and interested to sit down and watch my wedding video. It was their first time to see it- and of course I cried (again).
Yesterday was my official "37 week" mark, and since I have had a fair amount of contractions already, I'd been trying to keep things at bay up until this point. But today I woke up and felt like there was no more need to hold back...let's have this baby!! Cooper and Adeline helped me make two special desserts this afternoon, which I did not get pictures of or eat, because my huge baby girl is taking up all the dessert room. Both were really good though, if licks can tell you anything-
and gluten, dairy, and sugar free. I know! Imagine that! Here are the links for the few who would want to make such a dessert:
I used the cookie dough recipe from the first picture and link to make the pie crust, per Kelly's instructions. We ate it a little too soon and it wasn't all the way set up by dessert time, but it had the general consistency of a cheesecake, which is a pretty big treat if you are not eating dairy!
Here is one other dessert I am enjoying on a daily basis:
I don't actually eat it like the picture depicts, although you might find me sneaking in the fridge and eating it with a spoon. I usually spread it on a banana for a quick snack. It's mostly coconut milk, which adds enough fat and protein to my banana to balance out all the sugar.
So much more to report: a mini-kitchen remodel, a surprising cure for near constant pregnancy heartburn, a recent baby shower, new highs and lows with pregnancy and adrenal problems. But those things will have to wait until another day. I'll leave you with a couple blurry pictures from our evening- Amore!
7 comments:
i HAVE to know your pregnancy heartburn cure!! pllllllease do share or at least tell (not so) lil' ole' me!!!
you look great btw. :) hang in there these last few weeks!!
A deacon's meeting on Valentines Night? Isn't there a Scripture about that or something?! :)
It's exciting to "see" you So Big And Ready. Can't wait to meet the lovely E (are you telling names yet?)
And you should share your heartburn cure with your sister.
Love!
MOM
You look gorgeous and I love your belly and huge healthy baby girl :) let's hope she's not actually that huge though! Looking forward to hearing of her arrival! Will be praying for you!
Brite, you look fabulous and I can't wait to hear and see all the great news on the newest piece of sweetness in your home! Hang in there!! XOXO
Yay!! I was JUST thinking about you today, and wondering if you were still pregnant! 37 weeks, ok, I'll put that on my calendar. Make sure and put me on the "txt/email" list for when she comes!
BRITE! You look beautiful and what a lovely family! So glad to read your update!
Thanks for sharing the fun Valentine's day menu, it was fun to see what you are up to in the kitchen :o)
We are on a raw food kick again which incedently overlaps quite a bit with gluten-free/dairy-free/additive-free so I think of you often! I tried the strawberry pie this past weekend and it was a big hit, thanks for sharing. I used this crust instead:
http://www.therawtarian.com/raw-pie-crust-recipe
Hope you are having a restful day, can't wait to hear of the delivery!
Post a Comment