So I should clarify: when I said I'd rather give birth than potty train, I meant I'd rather labor with a baby than go through Day One of potty training. Because at least labor has a definite ending, with the joy of meeting a soul at the end. Which brings me to my first piece of advice: Don't judge your progress by Day One. After that first 12 hour stretch, you will want to procure as much chocolate as possible and lock yourself somewhere. (Maybe it's just me...I know some people do have encouraging first days, but don't count on it.)
Day Two brought some ups and downs, but enough encouragement to not turn back (at least for now...no long-term commitments, here). We had longer dry spells, an awareness on Little T's part of what was going on, and more cooperation from the older two. And (to my) Mom- of course there is candy involved. It had to be marshmallows because even jelly beans and gummy bears have milk warnings on them, but that's okay because I am not tempted to pop too many marshmallows during the process.
Look- he even got through a meal dry! The older kids were rewarded for their patience by an afternoon of painting and playdoh. Today, I think we will make cookies...fun for them, fun for me.
1 comment:
way to go, brite! so proud of you. wish i could bring you a huge batch of cookies! AND dinner! i so totally would--even in my 38 week pregnant state. :) love you so much.
Post a Comment