Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cowboy small

There once was a boy who wanted to be a cowboy. He was past the fireman stage (at least temporarily) and after being assured that being a cowboy was not a sin (? I guess he was thinking cowboy= bandit) he determined to be one.

I think the desire to pursue said occupation comes with being 5 years old, but you could say it's in his genes (not really, his father just likes a good hat).
So after a few months of dreaming, this arrived on his birthday:
Making him a real boy cowboy. And he's worn his chaps for 48 hours straight
A Cowboy Birthday party followed
You could call them the three musketeers, except only two of them are acting like a team
Actually, one of them is very much his own man. We're working on that. A lot.

Happy 5th birthday to my firstborn!

4 comments:

Jonesey said...

Happy 5th birthday to Cooper. Those are some cool duds, he wears them well!

Anonymous said...

these pictures are so fabulous!

lauraB said...

I can't believe Cooper is 5!!!
Your pictures brought smiles to my face - partly because he's so cute (Oops...I mean "cool"!), and partly because those are such happy memories of my cowboy dudes.
Don't worry too much about the lone ranger. Soon enough he'll want to do EVERYTHING they want to do.
(Of course the sin issue is different...don't ignore that.)
Thanks for the pics. Sorry we didn't get to visit.

Cheaper by the Baker's Dozen said...

Wow, you have such cute children. And I'm pretty sure I'd say that even if I wasn't their (favorite) GrandMama :)

Cooper makes a great cowboy. It's so sweet how he shared part of his new duds with his sister.