It's so nice to be home, and since I am my mother's daughter everything is always righted and put back in it's place within 24 hours (more or less) so it really does feel good to be here. We even dumped out all the toys today and resorted. After the ironing (which I'm about to do while watching the "scary" parts of the Babar movie with the kids), my next goal is to get the guest bedroom in order. Unfortunately, the Spare 'oom, as we like to call it, has become a drop-off place for everything else so I can feel like the rest of the house is in order. The only way to get the Spare 'oom organized is to haul everything out except the bed and dresser, and then find a new place for all the rest. It's one of those jobs that isn't really fun (at all) but will be so worth having finished that I'm actually motivated to tackle.
Here's a shot of my dining room curtains (unassuming, but they make me happy). The table is askew because we're trying our hand at starting a few things from seed this year, and their need for sun takes priority over the table being centered under the light fixture. I finally made my husband happy and sewed some button holes in our old duvet cover and turned it into a shower curtain for the master bath. Once I get all these major "new house" projects finished I can start on my pet projects...to be announced later.
----------------------------------An hour later...scary parts are over, kids are in bed, and the sink is still full of dishes and the ironing is not quite done. Don't think I'll get to the spare 'oom tonight but it's not going anywhere.
4 comments:
I LOVE getting unpacked immediately, too. Then I feel like I can breathe.
Funny - I also dumped toyboxes today. But there was no sorting, only tossing. :)
I'm sure you were able to empathize with Cooper, having done the same thing yourself (albeit at an older age) ...
clarification: was Cooper IN the car that was locked and running, or did he just manage to lock it on his way out?
I've also heard of children locking themselves in the bathroom. I don't know which one would be scarier.
The curtains look great! I'd love to see a picture of your "new" shower curtain.
Post a Comment