This week's bite: Week 4 is to establish an evening routine. pick 5 things to do before you go to bed. little things that you will be glad you did in the morning.
Oh, how I need this. I have been dissatisfied with my lack of an evening routine
- Put away the laundry and leave the dryer empty. I am not good at this.
- Make a to-do list for the next day. I usually start this about 8:30am, and it would be more motivating to know what I needed to do ahead of time.
- Look over Scripture memory. Work on verses while I do my physical therapy exercises in bed. I don't always fall asleep quickly, and this would be a nice multi-tasking and Biblical use of my time in bed. The Scripture, not the exercises. See how I worked two into one? Over-achiever that I am.
- Get in bed by 9:30pm- light's out by 10pm. There are a lot of people who just have to go to bed early to be happy, and I'm realizing that if I want to have any hope of a nice morning routine, this is key. I can not be both a morning person, and a night person. So I'm ditching the night me (who is not very productive anyway).
- Clean up my room/clear off the desk (also in our room).
Back to the regularly scheduled laundry.
2 comments:
One has to wonder if an evening really needs a routine. My favorite evenings are those when I don't have anything left on my to do list and can just do whatever I want to. This is getting harder and harder to do but I'm not giving up yet!
so glad to know as i feel like the ONLY person in bed by 10 pm (well, the only adult person) that i can think on my sweet brite also laying down her day, laying her burdens at the foot of the cross, and trusting in God to work through the night while we both sleep...
i also know that you are saying special prayers for me and my family and even though i don't see with my eyes, i walk by faith NOT by sight and my faith eyes see a God who keeps His promises. who answers them all YES in Christ Jesus. that is the best thought to have before i close my eyes!
it is my honor to know you! anything you strive to follow in me is the good that is there because of Christ. some days i don't see much of it, but sometimes in the reflection of my friends i catch a glimpse of what He has done and is still doing in my life... all the glory and praise belongs to Him!
Post a Comment