Yes, in case you are wondering, we did survive yesterday's earthquake. (I know you were worried.) I let Thomas stay up and read books instead of taking a nap, so my first response was, "How can one kid disturb the peace so much?" I went in to check on him, and he had fallen asleep. I checked on the other two, thinking they must be banging on the ceiling, but they were playing quietly, too. My last thought was that I REALLY must need a nap, because instead of being dizzy, I felt like everything was shaking. I didn't remember ever feeling that tired, but still. I did tell the kids it felt like an earthquake, but didn't even make contact with the outside world until I turned NPR on during dinner prep. Of course, it was the talk of the town. Even though it was really nothing and the impact on us was minimal, I still got a little teary realizing what just happened. Not because we were in danger, but it was such a reminder of so many of our friends who actually did survive the tornadoes earlier this year, and the way they must have felt. And yet we are always out of control, in the hands of Him who holds the earth, aren't we?
Well, as much as I wanted to start that cash flowing in by listing stuff on eBay and Craigslist, the following was higher on my list of priorities. The zucchini didn't really need to be picked...I could have fed three families if I had let it grow a few more days. But the laundry and ironing- that was reaching a crisis point. The crisis was really because I got tired of going up and down the steps to the laundry room every time someone needed a clean pair of underwear or socks (or pjs, or shorts, or anything). Thomas is wearing this lovely outfit because it was his last pair of clean shorts. Oh well...we don't go very many places. And I know you are probably thinking, "You should add: Give Boy a Haircut" to your list, and soon. But, I have decided to buy him a few good hats, including a church hat, and try to grow that buzz out. I admit, it was not a good decision to take the easy route and shave his head. Pay now or pay later, that's what they say. However, he has a ton of hair, and I just got tired of it always looking bad. (What? You are asking how it feels to still be so tired?) Now it's just bad in a fuzzy way vs. bad in a I Have 5 Funky Cowlicks kind of way. Not sure when I will be a winner with this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ok...seriously...can that little guy GET any cuter?? oh my goodness. :) glad y'all are ok...i know a lot of people are making light of it, but the seriousness really hit me yesterday when i couldn't get in touch with some family b/c of phone lines, etc, and it was like the shoe was "on the other foot" from back in April. this year is full of reminders that God is in control of EVERY moment.
Post a Comment