On Monday, Cooper (my baby!) turned six. He really wanted to have a Star Wars Lego party, which I think is hilarious, because he's never seen Star Wars. He only recently found out that Darth Vader is a bad guy. He just has cousins who have lots of Star Wars toys, and they are favorites. So we compromised on a plain ol' Lego themed party. After searching the internet for do-it-yourself party ideas, I realized that six-year-old boys must be programmed to love legos, because almost all the blogs that featured party ideas were for boys in that age group.
So, here is the birthday boy before 8am, ready to open his first present. We let him open his biggest present because we were supposed to go to a fun little water park that day with some of the cousins, but with a high of 74, it just didn't seem very fun. When I told him we weren't going he said, "That's good news for me! Now I get to stay home and build my new legos." We did end up going yesterday, so it was a win/win.
Almost all our party decorations and ideas came from Delia Creates, which is goldmine of crafty ideas. Check out her recent blog post on the seamless scarf. I need to make one of those. Limited maternity clothing options seem to make accessories all the more valuable. But I digress. Her lego ideas...very fun, very easy, and Cooper said it was his best birthday party ever (out of six!). She had the ideas for the minifigure head plates, and also has the downloadable templates for the juice box covers.
Looks like a lot of places? We only invited family...
Here the kids are all making their initials out of legos. Not an easy task for some. The "L" names had it made.
Cooper wanted an angel food cake with ice cream and chocolate syrup, and after looking at so many attempts mothers made to create lego cakes, I encouraged the idea. I'm not sure it was anyone's favorite except his, but he loved it. Tricky getting anything to stand up on/in an angel food cake, hence the improvising.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to Cooper! I can't believe these kids are getting so big!
What a fun lego birthday party!
How sweet!! My boys LOVED Legos for the longest time as well!! What a fun party!
Post a Comment