Monday, November 29, 2010

It's not too late

Well, not for you. It was for me. Let me explain.

Last week my friend, Lea (pronounced, Lee of "when two vowels go a walkin', the first one does the talking" fame) offered to bless our family with a Christmas photo shoot and card design while we were visiting my family in Florida. The problem was, for the first time in history I already had our pictures printed and ready to go...BEFORE Christmas Eve! I know...victory points for me. I don't expect it to ever happen again. However, I did ask if she would still do a photo shoot of just the kids so I could send nicer photos to grandparents. She decided the picture was begging for a Christmas card design and created this:
Here's the fabulous thing about her designs: you can send her your family photo (if you aren't local to Tallahassee) and she will design you a card and you can just send it to your favorite photo website and get it in a 4x6 print for about 10 cents a piece! Very economical, and Lea is probably THE most creative person I know. She started the project to raise money for her own Christmas card (view previous years here...this is no "card," it's more like a Christmas keepsake) but I think she's covered that so this promo is more for your benefit than hers...who wouldn't LOVE to have a fun, personalized card? For more inspiration, here are a few of her other designs. 

We are having a lazy day here, fighting off colds and sitting around with hot tea. I'm off to address some more cards- happy Christmas card writing!

2 comments:

Jonesey said...

What cute kids :) That is a very adorable card. Lea, you have some skillz!

Way to go on the Christmas Cards! Yes, you were THE first one I received for the year--congratulations!

And I loved WH's message on the back. Very Fun!!!

lea said...

aah, thanks my sweet friend. love the linkage. and love the praise. i will try to remain humble. oh, who are we kidding? i was never humble to begin with!

i can't take all the credit though the photos can only be as adorable as the kids featured...