Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who's Behind?

Mine.

Great line. I'm behind, although I'm catching up slowly but surely. We've got just a few things going on here, all good things, but keeping us busy and in a constant state of faith.

First off, we're trying to buy a house. We were plowing ahead, I was pouring over decorating books and sketching out my kitchen renovation plans until we hit a roadblock with the inspection. We are still waiting to hear back from the owner to see if they are interested in fixing some major problems (which, I should mention, must be fixed no matter who buys it) or plan to back out of the contract. We are resting in the Lord's provision for us; He has protected us SO many times by allowing something to fall through, so we are happy to wait and see what happens. Our current rental is great and we are fine staying here. However, the 3 acres that come with the new house could host all kinds of useful farm animals!

Second, my friend Lea, is hosting her annual "Every Day in May" post-a-thon, and obviously, I've already fallen off the bandwagon. I really only ever got on the wagon in my mind, so why don't I just delete this whole paragraph??? The goal of the project is to get back into the blogging groove, and choose a theme about which to post each day in May. In the early days there was a prize for whoever stuck it out and really posted every day. If there's still a prize, I'm out. But I would like to try to post every day (or the rest of the days...I mean, weekdays, if I'm able and not overwhelmed with other things) in May. My theme will be "A Project a Day in May." Don't hold your breath- some days my project may be to get dinner on the table. But it will help me get back into blogging. Hopefully.

So, today's projects: Make and mail Mother's Day cards and Sweet A's thank you notes. Make bread. Clean up from projects before WH comes home. Don't laugh- this took up our entire morning. :) But I'm sort of reveling in the fact that we still have time to linger over such things. Once the school years come it will be a different story.

Lastly, here are the recipes from last week's Whole Food Recipe Review. All are originally from Epicurious.com.


I used a large pork loin (not tenderloin) and adjusted the cooking time. I think this would be great with chicken, too! The only substitution needed was to change out the molasses for honey and the soy sauce for Bragg's Liquid Aminos. It's just the marinade, though, so it gets thrown out and another sauce is made to serve with the meat.


This rice is great, although I admit I haven't tried it with brown rice. I think it would still be really good and look forward to trying it again soon. I used this dressing recipe drizzled over roasted Thai veggies and even some roasted asparagus later in the week.


1 comment:

Elisa Morrison said...

On that paragraph just before the recipes... don't worry. Making bread is part of school (home ec. anyone?) and they'll be big enough to do the clean up themselves. :) Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Enjoy it.