The remedy: Goodwill 50% off Mondays. I heart Goodwill (and I never thought I would use that slang). Four skirts and five shirts=$20. And we're not talking Faded Glory here...GAP skirts, Ann Taylor shirts...all in one place. That's the best part (well, the best part was that I was alone): One store with a zillion brands. Sure, the stuff needs to be sterilized before you wear it, but it's a small price to pay if you have an hour or two and someone to watch your kids. :)
Monday, May 10, 2010
Project of the day: clothes
I need some. Or needed some. We are on vacation, and we forgot all our hang-up clothes, which for me meant a lot of skirts are laying on the bed at home. I love wearing skirts in the summer (I am not a shorts girl and even capris get kind of hot) so except for the one that got folded and packed, I am without. Fortunately, I have two sisters who are around my size, so I wore their clothes to church yesterday (and looked pretty cute- thanks, girls...if that skirt is missing you'll know who took it).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I LOVE Goodwill. Pretty much all the clothes in my closet are from Goodwill or are handed down to me from a very good friend of mine who gets all her clothes from Goodwill :) I love going in there and knowing that you can afford everything in the store and that there are some really good brands for really good prices like my favorite Old Navy and Talbots skirts for $2.75. Sweet! And the best is when there's no time constraint and you can just spend the afternoon looking.... I agree wholeheartedly, Brite.
i love goodwill mondays too!!!!!!!! when i was pregnant with ethan, i think i went every monday after work and scored some super cute baby clothes. i don't get to go as often these days... i agree with you that it is an extra treat to go ALONE! :) i FB'd you a message today... hopefully we can see y'all soon?!?!?!?
Does it depend on location? I think the Goodwill here looks a little... iffy.
Hmm..that's a great idea. I think I'll "forget" my clothes the next time I take a trip. I would LOVE an excuse to buy a new wardrobe..
I'm envious even as I am sad that all your clothes are neatly waiting for you on your bed.
Moriah, it totally depends on location. The Goodwills here are amazing. In my town, they are good. In your town, they stink. Not sure why that is, but the Goodwill I went to today even has a separate little room lined with bookshelves for kid books, complete with a little table and some activities for kids. Pretty sweet!
Isn't Goodwill the best? I actually get excited by walking into one and having it be "the one". The right kind of Goodwill. Not the one with the clothing so rank it can walk up to you on the strength of its smell alone. Or the kind with "its from Belk, put a $20 price tag on it" employees. Just the right kind. Sometimes they're hard to find, especially here. But, they're totally worth it.
Post a Comment