The kids even got into the action, detailing their bikes:

Glass jars sunning in preparation for the Spice Project:

Bulk spices used to find there home here (disgusting, I know):

the others lived here:

Now most of them live here:

Meanwhile, on the Transition the Baby into a Big Bed Way Too Early front, we're finding ourselves creating a timeline (e.g., we can survive Baby T transitioning for about one more week, and then he's in the pack and play for a while). Turns out he's a very restless sleeper. In his crib he could wake up, cry for a few minutes, and put himself back to sleep with no attention from us. Now we wakes up and GETS up. Wanders around crying. Several times a night. And from about 5am on. We're getting desperate. But he does look pretty cute in his big boy bed. And he totally knows he supposed to stay in it, it's just a new freedom too tempting to resist.
4 comments:
I have found that this season of life doesn't really lend itself to an official planned spring cleaning...that just ends in frustration. However I have been getting little projects done when I find a few minutes.
Last week it was a hands and knees scrub of the kitchen floor and it looked SO GOOD when I was done :o) The swiffer just can't cut it for a real clean (although I'll continue to use it for weekly quickies).
Yesterday afternoon I tackled the laundry (/craft/utility) room. I found myself feeling dread when thinking about laundry, even though I wasn't behind, just because the room was so cluttered and messy. I've learned that anytime I start to feel dread about a certain area of the house it is time to attack head-on and and resolve the problem. And now it looks so good in there....I've already wandered in this morning just to smile and enjoy the order!
Great idea on the spices...I've always struggled with the "perfect" solution too. Is that shelf right near your stove?
I love the shot of them washing their bikes.
What sizes are those jars you used for the spices?
Post a Comment