Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Paring down

I recently read of a blogger who removed her blogroll in favor of listing just a few current favorites, and I have copied the idea in the hopes of simplifying this little corner of the blog world. I hope (and hope springs eternal) to update weekly, highlighting just the few places I most enjoyed. I highly recommend using some sort of blog reader: you can sort through titles and snippets and decide what is worth your time. I subscribe to many blogs but actually read only a handful, and those typically belong to closer friends and sites that inspire creativity I can put into practice today. I do not suffer from guilt when it comes to not living up to all the ideas in blogland...I am one person and there are 5 million good ideas out there. Use what you can, tuck a few ideas away for a rainy day, and pass by the rest. That's my recipe for balance.

Anyway, I really came here to tell you about a creative blog I found during the Sew Mama Sew giveaways, and she happens to be giving away two somethings this very day! I don't want to decrease my chances of winning, because I really want the box for my Spare Room, but I just thought I would share the love. Her blog- Inside the Paper Box- is beautiful, and she's even featured in the February edition of Romantic Homes (an honor that sort of makes me laugh when I think of how that will never be something I write about myself. Not that we aren't romantic around here... perhaps if Practical & Functional Homes, or Homes that Make Happy Children, or Thrift-Shoppe Furnished Homes were doing a feature, I might stand a chance...). So, check it out and be inspired!

4 comments:

kate o. said...

oh, how do people get on without google reader (or any reader...)! i'm still trying to get my mom to understand that it takes but a few minutes to set one up and then there is no more clicking 5000 times on a particular blog before you realize they gave up on the whole thing.

we, too, would never be a feature in "romantic homes" but i'm ok with that ;)

Junque Rethunque said...

I'm totally with you on the Thrift-Shoppe Furnished Homes... :)

Sarah C said...

Fun blog, thanks for the link.(And she sent me a comment back saying to thank you for your plug for her :o)

Mrs. Pittman said...

OK, I'm all about you simplifying your life and whatnot - but deleting your mom's blog from your sidebar.....well, that just might NOT make your life easier KWIM :)

Love you anyway!
MOM