
In the spirit of the Nester I laid aside my lofty goals of making a tree skirt and I "settled" on using this fun polyester I picked up at Goodwill for $1. A friend suggested I make a tree skirt using leftover fabrics from the stockings (yet to be made) so maybe that will happen next year.
In the mean time, the tree is up, the children carefully placed all the ornaments in one section (and their mother remembered that it is supposed to be fun, not perfect...and then she rearranged everything after they went to bed), eggnog consumed, and and everyone's mood is generally better just for seeing those white lights all aglow. I even put a strand up in the children's room, although the solar flare was a bit much for sleeping.
I have more Christmas projects than ever before, and yet for some reason I feel very little stress about it all. There is sense of urgency in needing to move forward every day on all I'd like to accomplish, but not tear-your-hair-out stress. I think it's because this is the first year- since we got married!- I have not had a baby under 7 months or been pregnant. It does make a difference.
The youngest puts the angel on top of the tree... a tradition from my family.

Loving their tree...

I'll be doing a lot of this...

Giveaway post is here.
9 comments:
Very fun. What a cute family! I second that emotion about not being pregnant or having a small baby. This is one of the few Christmases over the last 10 years that I am neither pregnant nor nursing and it makes such a difference!
ahhh... yes, the vacuuming.. special Christmas magic with adorable Cherubs worth it!
Wonderful idea for a tree skirt! Glad to see your tree has lights. We went and cut ours down last night but it is still standing naked in our living room longing to be decorated...maybe Saturday.
Alright Brite and Jonesey enough already on the joys of not being pregnant at Christmas....:o)
Love the pic of the kids in front of the tree, so cute! I didn't have a tree skirt our first few years and would just crumple up fabric around the bottom, I always thought it looked fine. I did eventually pick up a "real" one on sale at Hobby Lobby.
And can I just say Brite, you're looking so darn thin these days!
Yes well, if you want the real Christmas tree smell, you have to take the mess. I still think it's worth it. :)
We're not putting ours up until the bathroom is finished. Too much stuff being thrown in the living room until then.
ah! your kids are so cute and the looks like a perfect family you have. Good idea for the tree dress.
we don't have a christmas tree skirt. 20 years of trees, no skirt. i never found one that i liked. and once there are presents underneath, it looks fine. one cute idea i heard was to get a plain one and have the kids all put handprints in paint on it every year and write their name and the year on their handprints each year. but alas, i heard that idea too late...
That's interesting about the youngest putting on the tree topper. We do the same thing...usually! ;)
can I just say that you are looking really thin in that picture... must be all that vacuuming ;)
Post a Comment