Birthdays. That's a topic of general interest. Yesterday was mine, and here are few highlights:
A camera from my dear husband. Our last camera was fabulous when my grandparents gave it to us 5 years ago for our wedding, but technology is changing so fast, and they don't even make a camera with so few megapixels anymore. It is great for still shots in perfect lighting, but if anything is moving (which my 3 little subjects often are) it is hard to capture much more than the blur.
Three of my sisters-in-law were in town to put together a joint birthday party for my mother-in-law and myself, and they went to great lengths to give me a gourmet yet dairy-free spread. AND I got presents, too! Kitchen stuff, house stuff, and even some homemade all-natural soap.
There was some angel food cake and homemade sorbet:
Some fun and much-needed kitchen stuff (yes, Mom, there are still a few things I don't own):
It was a good day.

6 comments:
Happy Birthday (a day late!) I am really enjoying your blog. I love hearing what you have to say and I look forward to the pictures with your new camera :) congratulations!
Happy Birthday! Glad there were lots of folks around to take care of you ;o) I'd really like that roaster......
Brite, I really enjoy hearing about your sewing projects. It's so inspiring to this non-sewer. And you'll have to post lots of pictures of your projects with that new camera :) Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!! And I am with Sarah on that Roaster :)
I wished you happy birthday yesterday but I can do it again! You still look like you're about 16. :)
Last Thanksgiving was my first attempt at a turkey (which was so good because I took the time and effort to brine it the day before) and bought myself a roaster then. I LOVE it. I even use it for smaller whole chickens just because it has that handled-grate in the bottom that makes the whole process super easy.
And cameras always come in handy with cute/happy kids. :)
Um, please don't stop talking about sewing.
You're looking even MORE beautiful than ever.
Post a Comment