Before I got married my music collection consisted of :::::::this is so embarrassing:::::::: independent Christian artists and Michael Card. Oh, and Twila Paris. Don't forget her. Marriage greatly broadened my music repertoire, although it mostly gave me a better knowledge of early 90's rock music. (Sorry, honey, but it's true.) I was learning to love it during our engagement because I loved him so much, but let me tell you what sealed the deal when it came to loving Ace of Base. (Yes, that's what I said.)
My then fiance surprised me once in Charlotte when I flew in to visit some friends. He picked me up at the airport and took me downtown. It was Spring, there was a full moon, and WH knew I didn't know a thing about dancing (that was back in the day when my family didn't approve) but wanted to learn. So, he parked his truck in downtown Charlotte, opened up the door and turned Ace of Base up super loud, and taught me to dance right there on the sidewalk. Passers-by were charmed, and one guy even asked if there was a cover-charge. It's a sweet memory. And even though we don't dance much these days, last night he hooked up our speakers and opened up the windows and turned on that memorable cd and let our children dance their little hearts out. Not sure what the neighbors think, but our kids think we're normal.
9 comments:
I sometimes catch my kids dancing (which is highly entertaining) but the latest thing is actually Adelaide mimicking Andy vocalizing. THAT is something to behold.
Hey Brite,
I remember when you came to visit us in Charlotte that time :) That was such a sweet visit. Do you remember the big, 5-section notebook that you called "your life"? (a.k.a. detailed wedding plans :) I do have some very sweet memories from that visit. And I have no idea who Ace of Base is...but I bet I can find a song or two on itunes :)
We miss you and it was fun to read your post about "visiting friends in Charlotte" :) You and your family are welcome in our home anytime.
Moriah, you should get some video of the vocalizing thing...I'd love to see that! Sarah, thanks for the invite and I hope we can take you up on it now that we live so much closer to you! And as for the notebook, I JUST threw it away last week. I kept saving it as a sentimental "treasure" and finally realized it was not useful to keep. But I did find the list you helped me make of questions to ask Nathan about "his brother" before we met. Ha! Sweet memories. :)
glad i read the story first because in the photo it looks like cooper is trying to tackle his sister! glad to know it was a moment of sibling love. truly to everything there a season... a time to dance!
what a fun story! love that picture!!!
Love it! Just wait til your teaching Kindergarten (and this happened yesterday) and you're little guy gets Jack Johnson mixed up with Stonewall Jackson, Jackie Robinson and Thomas Jefferson all in the same History lesson!
I don't think I'm that much younger than you guys...but I think I was listening to Ace of Base back in 6th grade. ;)
Good ol' Ace of Base....(reminiscent sigh). They don't make them like that anymore, do they?!?
Let's see, Erin, that is about right if you were in middle school in the early (or was it late?) 90's. :)
Tiffany, I loved the Jack Johnson mix-up! Too funny.
Julie, I think this is the fun part of being "old." ;)
Post a Comment