3:42pm
I'm taking a little apple and peanut butter snack break in honor of the day. And because you know what May brings (other than showers): Every Day in May, the blogging challenge we all love to hate. Just kidding, it's really a great motivation to re-enter the blog sphere for a few weeks and feel less guilty the rest of the year when I go for months without an appearance. This year, I think I will go with a theme for my daily blog entries. A very broad theme: A few of my favorite things. Mostly things I'm thankful for, products I've come to love, etc. Like Oprah, but lighter (brighter?) and no live audience. And without all the money and giveaways! Don't worry, it will be fun.
The first of the month is always busy around here, but we have three in-town birthdays in the family this week (several more out-of-towners), including my firstborn girl. Here she is, in all her 5 year old glory:
There were other, better pictures, but this is so her. Her mouth is moving- she NEVER STOPS TALKING. Wears me out. But more on birthdays tomorrow.
I need to find all the library books and check them off the list and return them. Not my favorite job. Although I do love going to the library, even if last time I found out I owed $30 in fines (thankfully, they cap it at $10), only take cash (which I didn't have on me), and won't let you get any books until it's paid. Even more thankful was I for the presence of my mother, when hearing about said large fine, the baby had a blow-out on me in the sling. Not only did my Mom have the necessary cash to make everyone happy that we didn't have to leave without books, but she also kept me from hauling all the kids back out to the car while I cleaned everything up. That was the day I decided never to go anywhere again. So, I guess you could say I used to love going to the library. In all seriousness, I really do like the trip, I just need to learn to check out less than 50 books so it's not such a huge event.
And honestly, that's all the time I have. Apple is gone. Laundry mounds are heaping up and when I look at them I have to talk myself out of hyperventilating. You can do it. It will only take a few minutes.And then it will be clean for about 12 hours before a new pile will start, and that's way longer than the floors stay clean.
I should stop writing about what I need to do and do the Nike thing. Or the responsible, love-my-family and work thing.
If you want to link up and join your fellow bloggers in the Every Day in May challenge, feel free. These are some of my friends participating (all their blogs are in my sidebar):
Lea, at Blog it All (who actually started this crazy tradition)
Tracy, at Making the Trek
Mandi, at The Eagle's Nest
my Mom, at Cheaper by the Bakers Dozen? (hint hint)
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So much of this sounds so delightfully familiar! I am that person at the library too! (Glad I'm not the only one!) Happy May to you!
Hey! Thanks for the shout-out! :-)
Post a Comment