Thursday, September 29, 2011

movin' movin' movin'

So challenge #5 from Lea's site, is to make something from scratch. She created an adorable poster (email her if you want the pdf to print). Since we are allergy-ful over at our house, that is a non-optional way of cooking for me. I can't think of very many things I buy prepared...I still buy pasta (regular and gluten-free), and coconut milk in a can. Oh, and tomato paste. Never tried making that homemade. However, I was a total failure at last week's challenge, so I would do well to put all my energies into continuing to pursue an evening routine and TRYING to get to bed before 11:30pm. I feel so much better when I do those things.

However, we are having a garage sale, or as my friend Jonesey likes to call it, The Annual Baring of Our Soul on the Front Lawn. It all started after our trip to IKEA, when we bought a more compact dining room table and needed to store our big beautiful table in the basement. We hope to add on a dining room to our current eat-in kitchen, but not right away. So what innocently started out as making a little room in the basement turned into an all out purging session. At that point we realized it would be easier to have a garage sale than list it all on Craigslist (although we did that, too, it will just be easier to have every interested party here within two mornings).

Everything is priced, the signs are up, and today's agenda includes picking up some extra tables and making two batches of Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls. To sell. A $5-7 investment for about 100 cinnamon rolls @$1 each, the kids have something to sell and keep them busy, and I will have one very happy husband. A good deal all around! (I'm sure I will be sick of seeing all that yummy goodness by this evening!)

Off to do some baking- hope your week is going well!

3 comments:

Sarah :) said...

oh look, I'm the first commenter....

you spelled "bearing" wrong.....

O:D

love you.

brite said...

Thanks! Wouldn't want to misquote Jonesey. :) And I spelled it wrong in the Craigslist ad, too, so I fixed that. Nothing like a grammatical error to make people think, "I don't want that mistake-makers junk!"

Love to you, too!

Tracy said...

LOVE those cinnamon rolls! Sure to be a hit!!!