We are back- my silence here is due to loads of laundry, restocking the house with produce, settling in my little sister in the spare room (and moving the tons of fabric filling up every space in that room), and de-grandmafication (as my friend Laura so wisely termed it). After a week of having 11 aunts and uncles plus grandparents to respond to their every whim and request for a snack, my children are suffering some serious withdrawal. Baby T started crawling in Florida so that has also provided some new challenges upon coming back to our house. Clean floors are a little more important, and all of a sudden we are in high-gear for training the little guy.
Our time in Florida seemed to fly by towards the end. On our last night we let the kids stay up for a night-swim, just so we could get one last dip in the pool. We went swimming twice a day and I'm already missing that! I gave Coop two swimming lessons a day to try to recapture what he'd learned last year, and by the last day he was swimming and actually enjoying it.
When we descended from our car in Florida and felt the oppressive heat my first thought was, "Why does anyone live here???" (This coming from a 25-year resident of FL.) But the swimming is great, and I could live in the water. That said, on our way to church on Sunday we passed a sign that stated it was 66 degrees at 5pm in July...that's pretty sweet, too. WH just left for work and said it was chilly outside. Yes, I am in love with my new state.
I've promised to share my pictures with my Mom, but haven't uploaded anything yet. Maybe the camera will see the light of day by tomorrow. My other goal for the week (in addition to the aforementioned child-related tasks) is to share a little Etsy excitement with you. Twenty-four plus hours in the car provided all kinds of time for embroidery projects.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i KNEW he was going to crawl for everyone there! how sweet. and yes, i too miss florida...but only for the swimming (and my family, of course). so glad the visit was awesome--how could it not be? take time settling in. we can wait. :)
embroidery!!! I've been thinking about a lost crosstitch project for months... I just found it on Saturday. So I've been (kind of) doing embroidery too. looking forward to pictures!
it's way hotter in tallahassee than anywhere else in florida. i was in orlando this week and it was much, much cooler...
tell molly i said hey!
the whole clean floors/crawling babies just requires thinking differently. When mine were at that stage, we had wood floors and a golden retriever. I found that by spraying the children's clothes with Endust, they could begin helping with keeping the house clean. And it's a green solution, too. Rather than using those disposable Swiffer pads, I could just throw the onsies in the laundry for clean-up! (Just kidding, of course!)
haha! Brite you are hilarious! Florida is no comparison to the heat here in Oklahoma. I miss my pool too! But I am looking forward to the winterhere. That will be fun for us since we have lived in Florida for 31 to 35 years and no sign of winter weather ever. haha Good bye 80 degree Christmases!!!
Post a Comment